CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recording Memories

So many people hear me talk about scrapbooking, and then I hear it. The same thing I hear from almost everyone that asks me about CTMH. "I would love to scrapbook, but I don't have time." Oh how I wish I could just sit everyone down who says this and give them my pep talk.

You see, scrapbooking is not about making it perfect, spending hours and hours on 2 pages, and it certainly isn't about trying to make it like everyone else. Scrapbooking is simply this: recording your memories. That's it! Nothing more than that. Pictures are almost always used, but sometimes even those are not the focal point. It's about the memory. Memories can be documented through photos, words, and even just hand-drawn sketches. It's about getting those memories down so your kids (or even you) can remember when . . .

It's about remembering when your kid took his or her 1st step, or the smile on his or her face on Christmas morning. Maybe it's just remembering how your own mom used to sit you down and wipe your tears when you had a bad day. Simply that . . . recording memories!

So my question to you is what memories do you want to record? We'll get to the "how" on another post.

Sharing my memory making with you,
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment